Home / National (page 593)

Category Archives: National

Feed Subscription

Indian troops resort to unprovoked firing at LoC

Indian troops resort to unprovoked firing at LoC

SIALKOT: : Indian troops resorted to unprovoked firing at Line of Control (LoC) at Charwa sector near Sialkot on Sunday morning. Pakistani troops befittingly responded to Indian firing. In the first week of this month, four civilians including a woman ...

Read More »

National grid faces third major collapse in two months

National grid faces third major collapse in two months

KARACHI: Power supply has been restored to at least 95 percent areas of Karachi, according to a spokesman of K-Electric. He said nominal technical faults will be removed soon in the remaining 5 percent areas. Earlier, parts of Pakistan including Sindh, Balochistan, ...

Read More »

Two words’ holding judicial commission back, Dar says

Two words’ holding judicial commission back, Dar says

ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar says if Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) shows flexibility the deadlock on the constitution of a judicial commission to probe the alleged vote fraud in May 11, 2013 polls can break in just thirty minutes. “PTI has ...

Read More »

PM, president felicitate new Saudi ruler

PM, president felicitate new Saudi ruler

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain Saturday felicitated the newly crowned King of Saudi Arabia Salman bin Abdulaziz. Extending his best wishes to the new King, they said King Salman is a great friend of Pakistan like ...

Read More »

PIMS nurse attempted suicide: police

PIMS nurse attempted suicide: police

ISLAMABAD: A firing case at nurse in Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) takes a new turn as it was found that she attempted to commit suicide after the boy she wanted to tie the knot with got married to ...

Read More »

Karachi ATC sets free Waseem Beater

Karachi ATC sets free Waseem Beater

KARACHI: An anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Karachi Saturday set free for lack of evidence an accused involved in collecting extortion money on behalf of some police officials. Traders had registered a case against the accused Waseem, popularly known as Waseem ...

Read More »

Saudi Arabia buries King Abdullah, Salman takes throne

Saudi Arabia buries King Abdullah, Salman takes throne

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia buried King Abdullah Friday as foreign leaders gathered in the capital for the funeral of the ruler of the world’s top oil exporter and the spiritual home of Islam. Abdullah, a cautious reformer who led his kingdom ...

Read More »

Nawaz, Shahbaz attend Saudi King’s funeral

Nawaz, Shahbaz attend Saudi King’s funeral

RIYADH: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Friday afternoon arrived here to attend the last rites of Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, who died last night after suffering from a serious bout of pneumonia. reported. The PM, who is ...

Read More »

Khan telling lies even after performing Umrah: Rashid

Khan telling lies even after performing Umrah: Rashid

ISLAMABAD: Federal Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid said on Friday Chairman PTI Imran Khan has not stopped telling lies even after performing Umrah. Reacting to Khan’s press conference in Jeddah, Rashid advised Khan to concentrate on his ‘Ibadat’ as he (Khan) ...

Read More »
Scroll To Top